Round table on the Horizon 2020 space programme at the 2nd FP7 Space Conference in Larnaca, Cyprus
My expectations from the Horizon 2020 space programme overall:
- Continue support for coordinated space-data exploitation, which did not exist at European level before FP7 and before the establishment of the European Space Policy in 2007.
- Continue support for international collaboration.
- Raise space awareness among citizens.
My suggestions for the support of specific space related topics:
- Development of critical technologies for space exploration and for European non-dependence in space.
- Comprehensive understanding of the consequences of solar variability on planetary magnetospheres / ionospheres / atmospheres and in particular on Geospace and specific space weather products corresponding to needs of our space infrastructure and related services.
- Search for habitable planets outside our solar system.
- Development of hyperspectral imaging technology.