Venice (Italy) from the International Space StationRemote sensing is . . .
• advanced colouring-in.
• the art of dividing up the world into little multi-coloured squares and then playing computer games with them to release unbelievable potential that’s always just out of reach.
• the most expensive way to make a picture.
• seeing what can’t be seen, then convincing someone that you’re right.
• being as far away from your object of study as possible and getting the computer to handle the numbers.
• astronomy in the wrong direction.
• and much more ...